It’s easy to pretend you don’t care about a relationship when your significant other is looking at you with stars in their eyes, but once they start drifting away, the illusion becomes tough to maintain. Just ask Connor Evans; on Love You More, the Redlands, Cali representative finds himself simpin’ over a girl he once ignored. Evans and BHB‘s beat, a lush, nocturnal blend of soul vocals and sampled brass, lends emotional heft to the verses, which detail the artist’s fruitless attempts to get over his ex. Michael Tribby and Adrian Martinez direct the moody visual accompaniment. Fans can find Love You More and much more on Connor’s So Cal Soul LP, available now in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.