It’s easy to pretend you don’t care about a relationship when your significant other is looking at you with stars in their eyes, but once they start drifting away, the illusion becomes tough to maintain. Just ask Connor Evans; on Love You More, the Redlands, Cali representative finds himself simpin’ over a girl he once ignored. Evans and BHB‘s beat, a lush, nocturnal blend of soul vocals and sampled brass, lends emotional heft to the verses, which detail the artist’s fruitless attempts to get over his ex. Michael Tribby and Adrian Martinez direct the moody visual accompaniment. Fans can find Love You More and much more on Connor’s So Cal Soul LP, available now in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.