It’s easy to pretend you don’t care about a relationship when your significant other is looking at you with stars in their eyes, but once they start drifting away, the illusion becomes tough to maintain. Just ask Connor Evans; on Love You More, the Redlands, Cali representative finds himself simpin’ over a girl he once ignored. Evans and BHB‘s beat, a lush, nocturnal blend of soul vocals and sampled brass, lends emotional heft to the verses, which detail the artist’s fruitless attempts to get over his ex. Michael Tribby and Adrian Martinez direct the moody visual accompaniment. Fans can find Love You More and much more on Connor’s So Cal Soul LP, available now in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.