When Connor Evans envisions his ideal future, his lifestyle isn’t that of a heavyweight rapper or even an earthly sovereign; like Kanye, he aspires to divinity. Of course, that entails more than just kicking it atop Mount Olympus, eating ambrosia and sipping nectar. On Livin’ Like We Gods, a new single off his latest street album, Evans emphasizes the all-consuming, often dangerous work involved in raising oneself to that lofty status. After spitting a couple verses about his recent hustle, he delivers a deeply personal 16 about his adolescent struggles with his weight, recalling a homie whose abuse of steroids led to his death. BHB backs his bars with bombastic brass fanfare and sizzling trap hi-hats. This illuminating jam is just one of many quality cuts to be found on The Roach to Coachella, released earlier this month for free streaming and download via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/29/13
Connor Evans has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his sophomore street album, The Road to Coachella. Coming on the heels of debut full-length #SetTheCityOnFire and Booth-hosted EP follow-up #GreenLightLife,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)