When Connor Evans envisions his ideal future, his lifestyle isn’t that of a heavyweight rapper or even an earthly sovereign; like Kanye, he aspires to divinity. Of course, that entails more than just kicking it atop Mount Olympus, eating ambrosia and sipping nectar. On Livin’ Like We Gods, a new single off his latest street album, Evans emphasizes the all-consuming, often dangerous work involved in raising oneself to that lofty status. After spitting a couple verses about his recent hustle, he delivers a deeply personal 16 about his adolescent struggles with his weight, recalling a homie whose abuse of steroids led to his death. BHB backs his bars with bombastic brass fanfare and sizzling trap hi-hats. This illuminating jam is just one of many quality cuts to be found on The Roach to Coachella, released earlier this month for free streaming and download via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)