Connor Evans’ last feature, May’s Hipsters and PrimaDonnas, found the Redlands, Cali native chronicling his weed and liquor-fueled relationship with a fast-living party girl. In the wake of that whirlwind romance, the artist is looking for something a little more down-to-earth. On Kings, Queens & Love, making its world premiere on our front page as the latest single off his next LP, the budding Booth fave shares some candid thoughts on modern love, flowing over a sampled instrumental by BHB. Verse two features some poignant and timely lines on the topic of fatherhood: “Lotta guys have a child when they’re kids theyself / And they walk out even though they have dads they miss theyself.” Evans’ The Road to Coachella street album is slated to drop Monday, July 22, via The DJBooth. In the meantime, watch our pages for more fresh song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.