Unless you are a crate digger, A and B-sides don’t really mean much in the internet age, but with his new release Connor Evans takes it back to the days of vinyl. Keys, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, is SIDE A of a new single from the Booth favorite; SIDE B, Winterlude, will be premiered Thursday in the Booth. For now, though, it’s all about this introspective, yet fun cut. Setting the stage, BHB cooks up a swooning beat driven by a muffled sample and some chiming bells. The instrumental’s youthful vibe fits Evans perfectly. As the beat meanders behind him, Evans reflects on his struggle to balance the demands of adulthood with the temptations of partying, ladies and booze. Like his last feature, Kanye Glasses, Keys is set to appear on Evans’s upcoming project, So Cal Soul.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/5/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.