Unless you are a crate digger, A and B-sides don’t really mean much in the internet age, but with his new release Connor Evans takes it back to the days of vinyl. Keys, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, is SIDE A of a new single from the Booth favorite; SIDE B, Winterlude, will be premiered Thursday in the Booth. For now, though, it’s all about this introspective, yet fun cut. Setting the stage, BHB cooks up a swooning beat driven by a muffled sample and some chiming bells. The instrumental’s youthful vibe fits Evans perfectly. As the beat meanders behind him, Evans reflects on his struggle to balance the demands of adulthood with the temptations of partying, ladies and booze. Like his last feature, Kanye Glasses, Keys is set to appear on Evans’s upcoming project, So Cal Soul.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.