Unless you are a crate digger, A and B-sides don’t really mean much in the internet age, but with his new release Connor Evans takes it back to the days of vinyl. Keys, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, is SIDE A of a new single from the Booth favorite; SIDE B, Winterlude, will be premiered Thursday in the Booth. For now, though, it’s all about this introspective, yet fun cut. Setting the stage, BHB cooks up a swooning beat driven by a muffled sample and some chiming bells. The instrumental’s youthful vibe fits Evans perfectly. As the beat meanders behind him, Evans reflects on his struggle to balance the demands of adulthood with the temptations of partying, ladies and booze. Like his last feature, Kanye Glasses, Keys is set to appear on Evans’s upcoming project, So Cal Soul.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.