Unless you are a crate digger, A and B-sides don’t really mean much in the internet age, but with his new release Connor Evans takes it back to the days of vinyl. Keys, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, is SIDE A of a new single from the Booth favorite; SIDE B, Winterlude, will be premiered Thursday in the Booth. For now, though, it’s all about this introspective, yet fun cut. Setting the stage, BHB cooks up a swooning beat driven by a muffled sample and some chiming bells. The instrumental’s youthful vibe fits Evans perfectly. As the beat meanders behind him, Evans reflects on his struggle to balance the demands of adulthood with the temptations of partying, ladies and booze. Like his last feature, Kanye Glasses, Keys is set to appear on Evans’s upcoming project, So Cal Soul.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.