Whether or not you’ve been feeling Kanye West‘s recent work (or his self-aggrandizing rants), you’ve got to admire the man’s vision and self-confidence at least a little bit. Connor Evans certainly does, and on his latest single (the first off his next album), he channels a little of Yeezus’s bravado, as well as his trademark sound. Though the Redlands representative kicks the cut off by announcing, “This take me back to ‘08 like white girls and Kanye Glasses,” his and BHB‘s soulful beat is less 808s & Heartbreak than The College Dropout, with a little Graduation tossed in for good measure. His casual braggadocio, likewise, harks back to West’s pre-‘08 work. If this infectious jam’s left you craving more, then watch our pages for more fresh singles leading up to the 2014 release of Evans’ So Cal Soul LP. In the meantime, July’s The Road to Coachella tape is still available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 12/2/13
A buzzmaking rapper and producer hailing from Coachella Valley, California, Connor Evans is bringing listeners everywhere a little bit of that So Cal Soul, in the form of a new digital full-length. This street album, a...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)