Whether or not you’ve been feeling Kanye West‘s recent work (or his self-aggrandizing rants), you’ve got to admire the man’s vision and self-confidence at least a little bit. Connor Evans certainly does, and on his latest single (the first off his next album), he channels a little of Yeezus’s bravado, as well as his trademark sound. Though the Redlands representative kicks the cut off by announcing, “This take me back to ‘08 like white girls and Kanye Glasses,” his and BHB‘s soulful beat is less 808s & Heartbreak than The College Dropout, with a little Graduation tossed in for good measure. His casual braggadocio, likewise, harks back to West’s pre-‘08 work. If this infectious jam’s left you craving more, then watch our pages for more fresh singles leading up to the 2014 release of Evans’ So Cal Soul LP. In the meantime, July’s The Road to Coachella tape is still available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 12/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.