Whether or not you’ve been feeling Kanye West‘s recent work (or his self-aggrandizing rants), you’ve got to admire the man’s vision and self-confidence at least a little bit. Connor Evans certainly does, and on his latest single (the first off his next album), he channels a little of Yeezus’s bravado, as well as his trademark sound. Though the Redlands representative kicks the cut off by announcing, “This take me back to ‘08 like white girls and Kanye Glasses,” his and BHB‘s soulful beat is less 808s & Heartbreak than The College Dropout, with a little Graduation tossed in for good measure. His casual braggadocio, likewise, harks back to West’s pre-‘08 work. If this infectious jam’s left you craving more, then watch our pages for more fresh singles leading up to the 2014 release of Evans’ So Cal Soul LP. In the meantime, July’s The Road to Coachella tape is still available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.