Whether or not you’ve been feeling Kanye West‘s recent work (or his self-aggrandizing rants), you’ve got to admire the man’s vision and self-confidence at least a little bit. Connor Evans certainly does, and on his latest single (the first off his next album), he channels a little of Yeezus’s bravado, as well as his trademark sound. Though the Redlands representative kicks the cut off by announcing, “This take me back to ‘08 like white girls and Kanye Glasses,” his and BHB‘s soulful beat is less 808s & Heartbreak than The College Dropout, with a little Graduation tossed in for good measure. His casual braggadocio, likewise, harks back to West’s pre-‘08 work. If this infectious jam’s left you craving more, then watch our pages for more fresh singles leading up to the 2014 release of Evans’ So Cal Soul LP. In the meantime, July’s The Road to Coachella tape is still available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 12/2/13
A buzzmaking rapper and producer hailing from Coachella Valley, California, Connor Evans is bringing listeners everywhere a little bit of that So Cal Soul, in the form of a new digital full-length. This street album, a...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.