No matter who you are, how much money you make, or how many Twitter followers you have, we all have our Issues. Rappers aren’t exempt either, but most don’t have the balls to talk about ‘em. Thankfully Connor Evans has the cojones and on his latest, he provides an anthem for those going through some s**t. While he tackles some pretty heavy issues, like drug abuse and family, Connor still manages to make the effort upbeat. With a heartfelt, charismatic, and catchy vocal performance that rings out over the speedy BHB beat, Evans gives those struggling with similar issues the strength to tackle them head on. If Issues struck you, be sure to grab his DJBooth-hosted album, The Road to Coachella, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.