Fresh off Monday’s release of his sophomore street album, Connor Evans returns to our pages with a freshly-released single off the DJBooth-hosted set. Surprisingly enough, I Be Hittin’ That doesn’t center around sex; instead, it finds the Redlands, Cali native paying tribute to his home state’s legendary herb. The heavy amounts of THC (and a few other substances) in the emcee’s bloodstream, however, don’t stop him from lacing BHB‘s sampled beat with some of his most agile, engaging bars to date. Despite hailing from the other side of the U.S. map, Panhandle State native Bizzy Crook has no trouble getting into the West Coast spirit on the closing verse. Does Evans’ latest effort sound like a hit? Those leaning towards the affirmative can look forward to plenty more bangers on his The Road to Coachella LP, available now for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 07/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.