Earlier this month, Connor Evans gave us a much-needed respite from the late-winter chill in the form of blazing-hot single Winterlude. Now, the Golden State reader fave is back to ring in the springtime with another fresh cut off his next independent full-length. Though this record is titled Familia (a double-entendre the artist pedantically explains between verses), he spends as much time busting shots at his enemies as he does big-upping his clique. Over frequent collaborator BHB‘s dissonant samples and chopped keys, he snarls, “Motherf**king hater / Watch me floatin’ by you like a motherf**king gator.” Michael Tribby and Adrian Martin cook up a set of visuals to match the song’s grimy sound. So Cal Soul is slated to drop digitally on Tuesday, 4/28. Keep it locked for the latest singles off the set, as well as for Connor’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, also coming in April.
Written by richard on 03/25/14
A buzzmaking rapper and producer hailing from Coachella Valley, California, Connor Evans is bringing listeners everywhere a little bit of that So Cal Soul, in the form of a new digital full-length. This street album, a...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.