Earlier this month, Connor Evans gave us a much-needed respite from the late-winter chill in the form of blazing-hot single Winterlude. Now, the Golden State reader fave is back to ring in the springtime with another fresh cut off his next independent full-length. Though this record is titled Familia (a double-entendre the artist pedantically explains between verses), he spends as much time busting shots at his enemies as he does big-upping his clique. Over frequent collaborator BHB‘s dissonant samples and chopped keys, he snarls, “Motherf**king hater / Watch me floatin’ by you like a motherf**king gator.” Michael Tribby and Adrian Martin cook up a set of visuals to match the song’s grimy sound. So Cal Soul is slated to drop digitally on Tuesday, 4/28. Keep it locked for the latest singles off the set, as well as for Connor’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, also coming in April.
Written by richard on 03/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.