In my completely unbiased opinion, hip-hop is the f**kin’ best. Period. I could pick a 2Pac song or Kanye verse to prove my point, but why do that when Con makes a strong enough case on his own? The fact that this Booth newcomer can come out of nowhere (well, technically, he’s from St. Louis) and bring us something this dope is proof that hip-hop is indeed the best. There are no cons to Con’s flow; he blends a fluid, kushed-out approach with just a touch of grime to give this smoker friendly tune a little bit of a kick. The cool yet gritty approach is perfect for producer theBlackBruceWayne‘s hazy, jazz-splashed beat and gives this effort a no-nonsense, authentic vibe. For more dope cuts like Period. check out Con’s latest project, Solstice Pt. 1 (Advice From A Fortune Cookie), which you can grab via his Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)