In my completely unbiased opinion, hip-hop is the f**kin’ best. Period. I could pick a 2Pac song or Kanye verse to prove my point, but why do that when Con makes a strong enough case on his own? The fact that this Booth newcomer can come out of nowhere (well, technically, he’s from St. Louis) and bring us something this dope is proof that hip-hop is indeed the best. There are no cons to Con’s flow; he blends a fluid, kushed-out approach with just a touch of grime to give this smoker friendly tune a little bit of a kick. The cool yet gritty approach is perfect for producer theBlackBruceWayne‘s hazy, jazz-splashed beat and gives this effort a no-nonsense, authentic vibe. For more dope cuts like Period. check out Con’s latest project, Solstice Pt. 1 (Advice From A Fortune Cookie), which you can grab via his Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.