In my completely unbiased opinion, hip-hop is the f**kin’ best. Period. I could pick a 2Pac song or Kanye verse to prove my point, but why do that when Con makes a strong enough case on his own? The fact that this Booth newcomer can come out of nowhere (well, technically, he’s from St. Louis) and bring us something this dope is proof that hip-hop is indeed the best. There are no cons to Con’s flow; he blends a fluid, kushed-out approach with just a touch of grime to give this smoker friendly tune a little bit of a kick. The cool yet gritty approach is perfect for producer theBlackBruceWayne‘s hazy, jazz-splashed beat and gives this effort a no-nonsense, authentic vibe. For more dope cuts like Period. check out Con’s latest project, Solstice Pt. 1 (Advice From A Fortune Cookie), which you can grab via his Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.