While I Used to Love H.E.R., Common Sense’s classic ‘94 single, ended on an ambiguous note, the fact that the emcee hasn’t hung up the mic 15-plus years later indicates that his romance with Ms. Hip-Hop weathered the storm. Just in case anyone was wondering, though, the Chicago vet confirms that the spark remains in their relationship on The Next Chapter (I Still Love H.E.R.), a mixtape single premiered on Friday via Billboard. Over veteran DJ and beatsmith J.Period‘s head-noddable production, which samples Lalo Shifrin’s Danube Incident by way of Portishead’s Sour Times, Common expresses his enduring feelings for the genre to which he’s devoted his life, and looks forward to many happy anniversaries ahead. For The Next Chapter and much more, check out Period’s Rage Is Back tape when it hits the ‘net February 12. In the meantime, you can find more fresh Common cuts (including the recently-featured Fly Ass Pisces) on Cocaine 80s’ latest EP, The Flower of Life.
Written by richard on 02/4/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream ft. Will.I.Am" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.