While I Used to Love H.E.R., Common Sense’s classic ‘94 single, ended on an ambiguous note, the fact that the emcee hasn’t hung up the mic 15-plus years later indicates that his romance with Ms. Hip-Hop weathered the storm. Just in case anyone was wondering, though, the Chicago vet confirms that the spark remains in their relationship on The Next Chapter (I Still Love H.E.R.), a mixtape single premiered on Friday via Billboard. Over veteran DJ and beatsmith J.Period‘s head-noddable production, which samples Lalo Shifrin’s Danube Incident by way of Portishead’s Sour Times, Common expresses his enduring feelings for the genre to which he’s devoted his life, and looks forward to many happy anniversaries ahead. For The Next Chapter and much more, check out Period’s Rage Is Back tape when it hits the ‘net February 12. In the meantime, you can find more fresh Common cuts (including the recently-featured Fly Ass Pisces) on Cocaine 80s’ latest EP, The Flower of Life.
Think Common Music Inc./Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream ft. Will.I.Am" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.