While I Used to Love H.E.R., Common Sense’s classic ‘94 single, ended on an ambiguous note, the fact that the emcee hasn’t hung up the mic 15-plus years later indicates that his romance with Ms. Hip-Hop weathered the storm. Just in case anyone was wondering, though, the Chicago vet confirms that the spark remains in their relationship on The Next Chapter (I Still Love H.E.R.), a mixtape single premiered on Friday via Billboard. Over veteran DJ and beatsmith J.Period‘s head-noddable production, which samples Lalo Shifrin’s Danube Incident by way of Portishead’s Sour Times, Common expresses his enduring feelings for the genre to which he’s devoted his life, and looks forward to many happy anniversaries ahead. For The Next Chapter and much more, check out Period’s Rage Is Back tape when it hits the ‘net February 12. In the meantime, you can find more fresh Common cuts (including the recently-featured Fly Ass Pisces) on Cocaine 80s’ latest EP, The Flower of Life.
Written by richard on 02/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream ft. Will.I.Am" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)