Prior to the release of their forthcoming VP/Universal debut, Whose World Is This (which features Talib Kweli, Young Buck and Trey Songz amongst others), production duo K-Salaam & Beatnick will tell a few stories. Not just any stories; however, but rather Stories Told Over Remixed Years. Taking hit records from rapper Common’s large catalog, the duo is replacing the original productions with a whole new sound. Following a previously-released remix of Go, the duo has dropped a spanking new version of Common’s The Corner. Waving goodbye to Kanye’s production and a sample from the Temptations’ What It Is, K-Salaam & Beatnick transform the former single into an Issac Hayes-esqe 70’s era head-nodder.
Written by DJ Z on 06/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Resurrection (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.