Prior to the release of their forthcoming VP/Universal debut, Whose World Is This (which features Talib Kweli, Young Buck and Trey Songz amongst others), production duo K-Salaam & Beatnick will tell a few stories. Not just any stories; however, but rather Stories Told Over Remixed Years. Taking hit records from rapper Common’s large catalog, the duo is replacing the original productions with a whole new sound. Following a previously-released remix of Go, the duo has dropped a spanking new version of Common’s The Corner. Waving goodbye to Kanye’s production and a sample from the Temptations’ What It Is, K-Salaam & Beatnick transform the former single into an Issac Hayes-esqe 70’s era head-nodder.
Written by DJ Z on 06/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Resurrection (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.