Prior to the release of their forthcoming VP/Universal debut, Whose World Is This (which features Talib Kweli, Young Buck and Trey Songz amongst others), production duo K-Salaam & Beatnick will tell a few stories. Not just any stories; however, but rather Stories Told Over Remixed Years. Taking hit records from rapper Common’s large catalog, the duo is replacing the original productions with a whole new sound. Following a previously-released remix of Go, the duo has dropped a spanking new version of Common’s The Corner. Waving goodbye to Kanye’s production and a sample from the Temptations’ What It Is, K-Salaam & Beatnick transform the former single into an Issac Hayes-esqe 70’s era head-nodder.
Written by DJ Z on 06/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Resurrection (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)