Prior to the release of their forthcoming VP/Universal debut, Whose World Is This (which features Talib Kweli, Young Buck and Trey Songz amongst others), production duo K-Salaam & Beatnick will tell a few stories. Not just any stories; however, but rather Stories Told Over Remixed Years. Taking hit records from rapper Common’s large catalog, the duo is replacing the original productions with a whole new sound. Following a previously-released remix of Go, the duo has dropped a spanking new version of Common’s The Corner. Waving goodbye to Kanye’s production and a sample from the Temptations’ What It Is, K-Salaam & Beatnick transform the former single into an Issac Hayes-esqe 70’s era head-nodder.
Written by DJ Z on 06/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Resurrection (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.