You know you’re a star when you release a greatest hits album. You know you’re a legend, however, when someone remixes that album. Thankfully, K-Salaam and Beatnick’s Common Remixed Vol. 3 isn’t an exact retake on the rapper’s ’97 Best Of album, as he has put out some of his best work since he dropped the ‘Sense’ from his name. Rather, it is a re-interpretation of his full catalogue of greatest hits through the production lens of the two Minneapolis songwriters. The remix that has received the most hype so far is their take on Resurrection, Common’s title track from his ’94 classic album. K-Salaam and Beatnick replace No I.D.’s smooth jazz beat with a little new-age funk and some updated drums, bringing the original out of retirement and restoring its charm.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/23/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Corner (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.