You know you’re a star when you release a greatest hits album. You know you’re a legend, however, when someone remixes that album. Thankfully, K-Salaam and Beatnick’s Common Remixed Vol. 3 isn’t an exact retake on the rapper’s ’97 Best Of album, as he has put out some of his best work since he dropped the ‘Sense’ from his name. Rather, it is a re-interpretation of his full catalogue of greatest hits through the production lens of the two Minneapolis songwriters. The remix that has received the most hype so far is their take on Resurrection, Common’s title track from his ’94 classic album. K-Salaam and Beatnick replace No I.D.’s smooth jazz beat with a little new-age funk and some updated drums, bringing the original out of retirement and restoring its charm.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/23/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Corner (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.