If you’ve found yourself lacking motivation and energy at the gym lately (and no, I’m not pushing ‘roids), it might be time to update your workout playlist. Along with the obligatory Rocky theme and Jock Jams, you may want to include Common Market‘s new track, Gol’ Dust. The Seattle duo, composed of producer Sabzi and emcee RA Scion, creates up-tempo, energetic hip hop that is guaranteed to add a few plates to your lifts. Sabzi’s horn-driven beat evokes a training montage from an ‘80s movie, while Scion’s hyperactive delivery squeezes that much more gusto into the track. As an added bonus, his lyrics are actually quite thought-provoking, covering religion, personal ambitions, and more. Gol’ Dust will appear on Common Market’s second album, Tobacco Road, out September 9.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/28/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.