If you’ve found yourself lacking motivation and energy at the gym lately (and no, I’m not pushing ‘roids), it might be time to update your workout playlist. Along with the obligatory Rocky theme and Jock Jams, you may want to include Common Market‘s new track, Gol’ Dust. The Seattle duo, composed of producer Sabzi and emcee RA Scion, creates up-tempo, energetic hip hop that is guaranteed to add a few plates to your lifts. Sabzi’s horn-driven beat evokes a training montage from an ‘80s movie, while Scion’s hyperactive delivery squeezes that much more gusto into the track. As an added bonus, his lyrics are actually quite thought-provoking, covering religion, personal ambitions, and more. Gol’ Dust will appear on Common Market’s second album, Tobacco Road, out September 9.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/28/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.