If you’ve found yourself lacking motivation and energy at the gym lately (and no, I’m not pushing ‘roids), it might be time to update your workout playlist. Along with the obligatory Rocky theme and Jock Jams, you may want to include Common Market‘s new track, Gol’ Dust. The Seattle duo, composed of producer Sabzi and emcee RA Scion, creates up-tempo, energetic hip hop that is guaranteed to add a few plates to your lifts. Sabzi’s horn-driven beat evokes a training montage from an ‘80s movie, while Scion’s hyperactive delivery squeezes that much more gusto into the track. As an added bonus, his lyrics are actually quite thought-provoking, covering religion, personal ambitions, and more. Gol’ Dust will appear on Common Market’s second album, Tobacco Road, out September 9.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!