If you’ve found yourself lacking motivation and energy at the gym lately (and no, I’m not pushing ‘roids), it might be time to update your workout playlist. Along with the obligatory Rocky theme and Jock Jams, you may want to include Common Market‘s new track, Gol’ Dust. The Seattle duo, composed of producer Sabzi and emcee RA Scion, creates up-tempo, energetic hip hop that is guaranteed to add a few plates to your lifts. Sabzi’s horn-driven beat evokes a training montage from an ‘80s movie, while Scion’s hyperactive delivery squeezes that much more gusto into the track. As an added bonus, his lyrics are actually quite thought-provoking, covering religion, personal ambitions, and more. Gol’ Dust will appear on Common Market’s second album, Tobacco Road, out September 9.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/28/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.