If you’ve found yourself lacking motivation and energy at the gym lately (and no, I’m not pushing ‘roids), it might be time to update your workout playlist. Along with the obligatory Rocky theme and Jock Jams, you may want to include Common Market‘s new track, Gol’ Dust. The Seattle duo, composed of producer Sabzi and emcee RA Scion, creates up-tempo, energetic hip hop that is guaranteed to add a few plates to your lifts. Sabzi’s horn-driven beat evokes a training montage from an ‘80s movie, while Scion’s hyperactive delivery squeezes that much more gusto into the track. As an added bonus, his lyrics are actually quite thought-provoking, covering religion, personal ambitions, and more. Gol’ Dust will appear on Common Market’s second album, Tobacco Road, out September 9.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/28/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.