Everybody get in the car, ‘cause Common‘s taking us to church. No need to worry if you’re not rocking your Sunday best; newly-released as the lead single off the Chi-town vet’s 11th studio album, Kingdom is all about the interplay between what happens in the streets and what’s professed in the pews. Backed by No I.D.‘s gospel samples, Common and Def Jam signee Vince Staples offer a fresh perspective on 2Pac‘s famous question: is there heaven for a G? Nobody’s Smiling has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can look forward to a Hype Williams-directed video for Kingdom in the near future.
Update: We have added the Hype Williams-directed visuals for Common’s Kingdom single.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream ft. Will.I.Am" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)