Everybody get in the car, ‘cause Common‘s taking us to church. No need to worry if you’re not rocking your Sunday best; newly-released as the lead single off the Chi-town vet’s 11th studio album, Kingdom is all about the interplay between what happens in the streets and what’s professed in the pews. Backed by No I.D.‘s gospel samples, Common and Def Jam signee Vince Staples offer a fresh perspective on 2Pac‘s famous question: is there heaven for a G? Nobody’s Smiling has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can look forward to a Hype Williams-directed video for Kingdom in the near future.
Update: We have added the Hype Williams-directed visuals for Common’s Kingdom single.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.