So far, pre-marriage theme songs are two-for-two in my book. International Players Anthem from UGK and Outkast was the first, and is still in my regular rotation, and now Common and No I.D have given the wedding theme a Cocaine 80s makeover on their latest DJBooth feature. Supported by No I.D.‘s minimalist production, the veteran emcee showcases his proven storytelling skills. Waking up the day after the bachelor party, Common reflects on his friend’s choice to tie the knot. In addition to filling us in on the beef between the bride and groom’s respective families, Common wrestles with whether to tell his homie that his wife-to-be has a bit of a promiscuous past. This effort is not attached to anything larger but, if it leaves you craving more, why not follow it up with Big Sean’s Switch Up, which packs a guest verse from the Windy City staple?
Written by Lucas G. on 04/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream ft. Will.I.Am" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)