So far, pre-marriage theme songs are two-for-two in my book. International Players Anthem from UGK and Outkast was the first, and is still in my regular rotation, and now Common and No I.D have given the wedding theme a Cocaine 80s makeover on their latest DJBooth feature. Supported by No I.D.‘s minimalist production, the veteran emcee showcases his proven storytelling skills. Waking up the day after the bachelor party, Common reflects on his friend’s choice to tie the knot. In addition to filling us in on the beef between the bride and groom’s respective families, Common wrestles with whether to tell his homie that his wife-to-be has a bit of a promiscuous past. This effort is not attached to anything larger but, if it leaves you craving more, why not follow it up with Big Sean’s Switch Up, which packs a guest verse from the Windy City staple?
Written by Lucas G. on 04/15/13
Think Common Music Inc./Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream ft. Will.I.Am" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.