So far, pre-marriage theme songs are two-for-two in my book. International Players Anthem from UGK and Outkast was the first, and is still in my regular rotation, and now Common and No I.D have given the wedding theme a Cocaine 80s makeover on their latest DJBooth feature. Supported by No I.D.‘s minimalist production, the veteran emcee showcases his proven storytelling skills. Waking up the day after the bachelor party, Common reflects on his friend’s choice to tie the knot. In addition to filling us in on the beef between the bride and groom’s respective families, Common wrestles with whether to tell his homie that his wife-to-be has a bit of a promiscuous past. This effort is not attached to anything larger but, if it leaves you craving more, why not follow it up with Big Sean’s Switch Up, which packs a guest verse from the Windy City staple?
Think Common Music Inc./Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream ft. Will.I.Am" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.