So far, pre-marriage theme songs are two-for-two in my book. International Players Anthem from UGK and Outkast was the first, and is still in my regular rotation, and now Common and No I.D have given the wedding theme a Cocaine 80s makeover on their latest DJBooth feature. Supported by No I.D.‘s minimalist production, the veteran emcee showcases his proven storytelling skills. Waking up the day after the bachelor party, Common reflects on his friend’s choice to tie the knot. In addition to filling us in on the beef between the bride and groom’s respective families, Common wrestles with whether to tell his homie that his wife-to-be has a bit of a promiscuous past. This effort is not attached to anything larger but, if it leaves you craving more, why not follow it up with Big Sean’s Switch Up, which packs a guest verse from the Windy City staple?
Written by Lucas G. on 04/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream ft. Will.I.Am" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.