So far, pre-marriage theme songs are two-for-two in my book. International Players Anthem from UGK and Outkast was the first, and is still in my regular rotation, and now Common and No I.D have given the wedding theme a Cocaine 80s makeover on their latest DJBooth feature. Supported by No I.D.‘s minimalist production, the veteran emcee showcases his proven storytelling skills. Waking up the day after the bachelor party, Common reflects on his friend’s choice to tie the knot. In addition to filling us in on the beef between the bride and groom’s respective families, Common wrestles with whether to tell his homie that his wife-to-be has a bit of a promiscuous past. This effort is not attached to anything larger but, if it leaves you craving more, why not follow it up with Big Sean’s Switch Up, which packs a guest verse from the Windy City staple?
Written by Lucas G. on 04/15/13
Think Common Music Inc./Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream ft. Will.I.Am" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.