Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Considering his recent successes on The DJBooth – of course I’m talking about the banging Sweet and the expansive Blue Sky – Common’s more than earned the right to grab a few hundred of his closest friends, buy out the bar and simply Celebrate. The legendary Chi-Town emcee’s latest single finds him grabbing constant production partner No I.D. for a beat that manages to hold onto some soul amidst all the bottle popping (unsurprisingly I could completely hear Kanye on this beat too). Lyrically Common provides listeners with a hip-hop geography lesson, declaring that, “We partying / exotic Bratslavians / Spanish Somalians.” I think we can count that as the first Slovakia shout out in hip-hop history – never let it be said that Common doesn’t appreciate diversity in his groupies. But how about you DJBooth Nation? Does this latest release have you wanting to pop bottles, or turns on the lights and end the party? Either way, hopefully we’ll truly be able to celebrate another dope addition to Common’s catalog when his forthcoming album, The Dreamer, The Believer, drops in late December.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.