This sounds about right. Nah, not the fact that Common is dropping his ninth studio album. No, not the fact that No. I.D. did the damn thing. But hearing something that sounds like a fleet of God-like beings emerge on the scene just simply fits today’s epically oriented culture. Following first single Ghetto Dreams, from his upcoming album The Dreamer, The Believer, Common delivers a triumph track of the Armageddon with Blue Sky. Stretching past defiance and moving into self-proclamation, Common’s long career of raising black fists and poor righteous teachings have evolved into a simple recognition of who he is, no lane needed. With No I.D. on the production, Blue Sky revives the sound that we remember from Common’s past records, sampling Electra Light Orchestra’s own Mr. Blue Sky and adding enough elements to reintroduce a classic track to a generation that needs a hint of hip and a bit of hop to their lifestyle. Stay tuned as the November 22 release of Common’s The Dreamer, The Believer arrives by way of Warner Bros, his first album release at his new label home.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 10/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.