This sounds about right. Nah, not the fact that Common is dropping his ninth studio album. No, not the fact that No. I.D. did the damn thing. But hearing something that sounds like a fleet of God-like beings emerge on the scene just simply fits today’s epically oriented culture. Following first single Ghetto Dreams, from his upcoming album The Dreamer, The Believer, Common delivers a triumph track of the Armageddon with Blue Sky. Stretching past defiance and moving into self-proclamation, Common’s long career of raising black fists and poor righteous teachings have evolved into a simple recognition of who he is, no lane needed. With No I.D. on the production, Blue Sky revives the sound that we remember from Common’s past records, sampling Electra Light Orchestra’s own Mr. Blue Sky and adding enough elements to reintroduce a classic track to a generation that needs a hint of hip and a bit of hop to their lifestyle. Stay tuned as the November 22 release of Common’s The Dreamer, The Believer arrives by way of Warner Bros, his first album release at his new label home.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 10/5/11
Think Common Music Inc./Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream ft. Will.I.Am" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.