This sounds about right. Nah, not the fact that Common is dropping his ninth studio album. No, not the fact that No. I.D. did the damn thing. But hearing something that sounds like a fleet of God-like beings emerge on the scene just simply fits today’s epically oriented culture. Following first single Ghetto Dreams, from his upcoming album The Dreamer, The Believer, Common delivers a triumph track of the Armageddon with Blue Sky. Stretching past defiance and moving into self-proclamation, Common’s long career of raising black fists and poor righteous teachings have evolved into a simple recognition of who he is, no lane needed. With No I.D. on the production, Blue Sky revives the sound that we remember from Common’s past records, sampling Electra Light Orchestra’s own Mr. Blue Sky and adding enough elements to reintroduce a classic track to a generation that needs a hint of hip and a bit of hop to their lifestyle. Stay tuned as the November 22 release of Common’s The Dreamer, The Believer arrives by way of Warner Bros, his first album release at his new label home.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 10/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.