This sounds about right. Nah, not the fact that Common is dropping his ninth studio album. No, not the fact that No. I.D. did the damn thing. But hearing something that sounds like a fleet of God-like beings emerge on the scene just simply fits today’s epically oriented culture. Following first single Ghetto Dreams, from his upcoming album The Dreamer, The Believer, Common delivers a triumph track of the Armageddon with Blue Sky. Stretching past defiance and moving into self-proclamation, Common’s long career of raising black fists and poor righteous teachings have evolved into a simple recognition of who he is, no lane needed. With No I.D. on the production, Blue Sky revives the sound that we remember from Common’s past records, sampling Electra Light Orchestra’s own Mr. Blue Sky and adding enough elements to reintroduce a classic track to a generation that needs a hint of hip and a bit of hop to their lifestyle. Stay tuned as the November 22 release of Common’s The Dreamer, The Believer arrives by way of Warner Bros, his first album release at his new label home.
Think Common Music Inc./Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Have a Dream ft. Will.I.Am" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.