Thus far, N.Y. recording artist and producer Collin McLoughlin is two for two on our pages; both his July Booth debut, Chasing Ghosts, and follow-up All I Need received widespread acclaim from our readership. That winning streak is unlikely to be Broken by his latest feature, an EP bonus track which finds him teaming up with Big Apple EDM producer Acetronik behind the boards. Whereas its predecessors were high-energy club cuts that happened to have emotionally-charged lyrics, this joint is more understated in tone. Spare keyboard chords back McLoughlin’s mournful chorus, leading into a heavier-hitting hook. Feeling it? Then be sure to cop Collin’s Tears of Tempo EP when it hits record stores and online retailers this Thursday, August 29.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.