Remember when people used to write songs about how love had the power to end global strife and make soldiers lay down their weapons? Well, okay, that was a few decades before I was born, but it was definitely a nice sentiment (if sort of implausible). Whether due to a rise in cynicism or a simple lack of LSD, times have most definitely changed, and this new track by reader favorite Colin Munroe is proof. Start A War finds the North Gower, Ontario-born singer/songwriter asking a lucky lady to play Helen of Troy to his Paris, caught in the grips of a love that, if requited, could spell the end of civilization as we know it. Nuclear missiles and global destruction might not be the most romantic images in the book, but Munroe’s smooth, studio-enhanced vocal stylings are as persuasively catchy as ever, and his driving electropop beat hits home with the force of an unusually chill megaton bomb. Though this track isn’t slated to appear on the tracklist of Colin Munroe’s debut LP, Don’t Think Less of Me, an earlier-recorded version featuring fellow Booth favorite XV will be included on the Kansan rapper’s long-awaited Everybody’s Nobody mixtape.
Listen to More: Colin Munroe Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Will I Stay (Remix) ft. Wale & Dallas Austin" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.