Remember when people used to write songs about how love had the power to end global strife and make soldiers lay down their weapons? Well, okay, that was a few decades before I was born, but it was definitely a nice sentiment (if sort of implausible). Whether due to a rise in cynicism or a simple lack of LSD, times have most definitely changed, and this new track by reader favorite Colin Munroe is proof. Start A War finds the North Gower, Ontario-born singer/songwriter asking a lucky lady to play Helen of Troy to his Paris, caught in the grips of a love that, if requited, could spell the end of civilization as we know it. Nuclear missiles and global destruction might not be the most romantic images in the book, but Munroe’s smooth, studio-enhanced vocal stylings are as persuasively catchy as ever, and his driving electropop beat hits home with the force of an unusually chill megaton bomb. Though this track isn’t slated to appear on the tracklist of Colin Munroe’s debut LP, Don’t Think Less of Me, an earlier-recorded version featuring fellow Booth favorite XV will be included on the Kansan rapper’s long-awaited Everybody’s Nobody mixtape.
Written by richard on 07/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Will I Stay (Remix) ft. Wale & Dallas Austin" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label