Remember when people used to write songs about how love had the power to end global strife and make soldiers lay down their weapons? Well, okay, that was a few decades before I was born, but it was definitely a nice sentiment (if sort of implausible). Whether due to a rise in cynicism or a simple lack of LSD, times have most definitely changed, and this new track by reader favorite Colin Munroe is proof. Start A War finds the North Gower, Ontario-born singer/songwriter asking a lucky lady to play Helen of Troy to his Paris, caught in the grips of a love that, if requited, could spell the end of civilization as we know it. Nuclear missiles and global destruction might not be the most romantic images in the book, but Munroe’s smooth, studio-enhanced vocal stylings are as persuasively catchy as ever, and his driving electropop beat hits home with the force of an unusually chill megaton bomb. Though this track isn’t slated to appear on the tracklist of Colin Munroe’s debut LP, Don’t Think Less of Me, an earlier-recorded version featuring fellow Booth favorite XV will be included on the Kansan rapper’s long-awaited Everybody’s Nobody mixtape.
Written by richard on 07/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Will I Stay (Remix) ft. Wale & Dallas Austin" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)