By and large, male singer/songwriter types spend way, way too much time pining over women they either can’t have, or once had but can’t anymore. Not Colin Munroe. On his latest mixtape single, premiered today via RCRD LBL, the North of the Border pop phenom gives ladies fair warning what’ll happen if they decide to play with his heart: he’ll get Over It and move on to the next girl. Yep, that’s it. Though the full-throated climax of the record, delivered over the artist’s own slow-burning electronic grooves, reveals that Munroe’s not immune to heartache, it’s clear that being played for a fool isn’t on his agenda. This joint, along with Your Eyes, and the RZA-produced Invincible, can be found on Munroe’s long-awaited Unsung Hero mixtape, scheduled for release next Tuesday, September 4.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Will I Stay (Remix) ft. Wale & Dallas Austin" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.