By and large, male singer/songwriter types spend way, way too much time pining over women they either can’t have, or once had but can’t anymore. Not Colin Munroe. On his latest mixtape single, premiered today via RCRD LBL, the North of the Border pop phenom gives ladies fair warning what’ll happen if they decide to play with his heart: he’ll get Over It and move on to the next girl. Yep, that’s it. Though the full-throated climax of the record, delivered over the artist’s own slow-burning electronic grooves, reveals that Munroe’s not immune to heartache, it’s clear that being played for a fool isn’t on his agenda. This joint, along with Your Eyes, and the RZA-produced Invincible, can be found on Munroe’s long-awaited Unsung Hero mixtape, scheduled for release next Tuesday, September 4.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Will I Stay (Remix) ft. Wale & Dallas Austin" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.