By and large, male singer/songwriter types spend way, way too much time pining over women they either can’t have, or once had but can’t anymore. Not Colin Munroe. On his latest mixtape single, premiered today via RCRD LBL, the North of the Border pop phenom gives ladies fair warning what’ll happen if they decide to play with his heart: he’ll get Over It and move on to the next girl. Yep, that’s it. Though the full-throated climax of the record, delivered over the artist’s own slow-burning electronic grooves, reveals that Munroe’s not immune to heartache, it’s clear that being played for a fool isn’t on his agenda. This joint, along with Your Eyes, and the RZA-produced Invincible, can be found on Munroe’s long-awaited Unsung Hero mixtape, scheduled for release next Tuesday, September 4.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Will I Stay (Remix) ft. Wale & Dallas Austin" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.