By and large, male singer/songwriter types spend way, way too much time pining over women they either can’t have, or once had but can’t anymore. Not Colin Munroe. On his latest mixtape single, premiered today via RCRD LBL, the North of the Border pop phenom gives ladies fair warning what’ll happen if they decide to play with his heart: he’ll get Over It and move on to the next girl. Yep, that’s it. Though the full-throated climax of the record, delivered over the artist’s own slow-burning electronic grooves, reveals that Munroe’s not immune to heartache, it’s clear that being played for a fool isn’t on his agenda. This joint, along with Your Eyes, and the RZA-produced Invincible, can be found on Munroe’s long-awaited Unsung Hero mixtape, scheduled for release next Tuesday, September 4.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
Colin Munroe has long considered himself an Unsung Hero in the music game, and for good reason: the Ontario-repping singer, songwriter and producer's spent the last several years just under the national radar, creating some...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Will I Stay (Remix) ft. Wale & Dallas Austin" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.