You know, I noticed something. We spend a lot of time labeling stuff that really can’t be labeled: “buzzing” artists, Tupperware, UFOs. You know, things that defy easy categorization, but we can’t help but stick a simple label on anyway. For example I tried to define how Blended Babies freaked the beat for the Cold War Kids’ Mine is Yours in the manner that they did. I can’t. Really. This remix plays on the original old world sounds of Europe that Cold War Kids, making their debut in the Booth today, infuse so well in their music, emphasizing on the keys and adding a kick drum that signs this off as an approved mix for any season. Mikey Rocks of the Cool Kids graces this remix as well with his verse from Bat Phone which has had mixed reviews from the public but seems to fit with this new take on this indie rock release. It just works, for no reason and with no definitions needed. The original track can be found on Cold War Kids latest album release Mine is Yours, which was released via Downtown in January.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 02/21/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.