Let me help you out, guys. When you’re putting together your get down playlist for this coming Valentine’s Day (yep, it’s this coming Tuesday), you might dig Akinyele’s Put It In Your Mouth, but your lady will Usain Bolt her way out of the bedroom. For those actually interested in some female companionship this February 14, may I suggest Colby O’Donis’ Like Me? For his V-Day promo single the young crooner grabs aptly-named producer The Composer to put together a clapping beat that’s simultaneously sweetly romantic and unstoppably energetic, a combination O’Donis easily echoes on the mic. Colby’s certainly not the first man to let a certain female know that he could easily top her currently bottom-feeding boyfriend, not many can do it with his blend of smooth vocals and charismatic delivery. In other words, it’s the perfect song to convince that lady you’ve been lusting after to stop by the house on 2/14. While Like Me is currently unattached to a larger project – could it find its way onto Colby’s long-delayed and currently unscheduled sophomore album? We’ll just have to wait and see.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/8/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got The Key" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.