Let me help you out, guys. When you’re putting together your get down playlist for this coming Valentine’s Day (yep, it’s this coming Tuesday), you might dig Akinyele’s Put It In Your Mouth, but your lady will Usain Bolt her way out of the bedroom. For those actually interested in some female companionship this February 14, may I suggest Colby O’Donis’ Like Me? For his V-Day promo single the young crooner grabs aptly-named producer The Composer to put together a clapping beat that’s simultaneously sweetly romantic and unstoppably energetic, a combination O’Donis easily echoes on the mic. Colby’s certainly not the first man to let a certain female know that he could easily top her currently bottom-feeding boyfriend, not many can do it with his blend of smooth vocals and charismatic delivery. In other words, it’s the perfect song to convince that lady you’ve been lusting after to stop by the house on 2/14. While Like Me is currently unattached to a larger project – could it find its way onto Colby’s long-delayed and currently unscheduled sophomore album? We’ll just have to wait and see.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got The Key" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.