Like Gravity, love is a force which influences each and every one of us, no matter how hard we try to keep on an even keel. And, like gravity, love has a knack for bowling us over when we least expect it, usually making us look really dumb in the process. Not even the uber-smooth likes of Colby O’Donis can resist its pull, as evidenced by this new single (the singer’s first as a EMI signee). Over a glimmering, acoustic-guitar/synth instrumental (co-produced by O’Donis, along with Mali B and J Mizzle), the artist recounts how, just when he thought that no woman could put game on him, a special shawty walked into his life and turned him into a lovesick, constantly-calling-her basket case. Luckily, that’s just the kind of basket case you can count on to write good R&B songs – of which this is clearly one. Or have I got it twisted? Those who agree with my assessment will want to keep their browsers locked for the latest on the singer’s Colby O Deluxe LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 01/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got The Key" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.