Like Gravity, love is a force which influences each and every one of us, no matter how hard we try to keep on an even keel. And, like gravity, love has a knack for bowling us over when we least expect it, usually making us look really dumb in the process. Not even the uber-smooth likes of Colby O’Donis can resist its pull, as evidenced by this new single (the singer’s first as a EMI signee). Over a glimmering, acoustic-guitar/synth instrumental (co-produced by O’Donis, along with Mali B and J Mizzle), the artist recounts how, just when he thought that no woman could put game on him, a special shawty walked into his life and turned him into a lovesick, constantly-calling-her basket case. Luckily, that’s just the kind of basket case you can count on to write good R&B songs – of which this is clearly one. Or have I got it twisted? Those who agree with my assessment will want to keep their browsers locked for the latest on the singer’s Colby O Deluxe LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 01/5/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got The Key" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.