Like Gravity, love is a force which influences each and every one of us, no matter how hard we try to keep on an even keel. And, like gravity, love has a knack for bowling us over when we least expect it, usually making us look really dumb in the process. Not even the uber-smooth likes of Colby O’Donis can resist its pull, as evidenced by this new single (the singer’s first as a EMI signee). Over a glimmering, acoustic-guitar/synth instrumental (co-produced by O’Donis, along with Mali B and J Mizzle), the artist recounts how, just when he thought that no woman could put game on him, a special shawty walked into his life and turned him into a lovesick, constantly-calling-her basket case. Luckily, that’s just the kind of basket case you can count on to write good R&B songs – of which this is clearly one. Or have I got it twisted? Those who agree with my assessment will want to keep their browsers locked for the latest on the singer’s Colby O Deluxe LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got The Key" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!