Like Gravity, love is a force which influences each and every one of us, no matter how hard we try to keep on an even keel. And, like gravity, love has a knack for bowling us over when we least expect it, usually making us look really dumb in the process. Not even the uber-smooth likes of Colby O’Donis can resist its pull, as evidenced by this new single (the singer’s first as a EMI signee). Over a glimmering, acoustic-guitar/synth instrumental (co-produced by O’Donis, along with Mali B and J Mizzle), the artist recounts how, just when he thought that no woman could put game on him, a special shawty walked into his life and turned him into a lovesick, constantly-calling-her basket case. Luckily, that’s just the kind of basket case you can count on to write good R&B songs – of which this is clearly one. Or have I got it twisted? Those who agree with my assessment will want to keep their browsers locked for the latest on the singer’s Colby O Deluxe LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 01/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got The Key" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.