Remember that scene in Alice in Wonderland where the heroine cried so hard that (thanks to the shrinking effects of the famous “Eat Me” cake) she nearly drowned in her own tears? Well, it’s a damn good thing magic cake doesn’t exist in the real world; otherwise Cocoa Sarai would run a serious risk of being swept away in the torrential downpour of post-breakup sorrow she describes on her first solo feature, Raining in My Room. Originally released back in December 2011, this heartbroken single finds producer Jayd serving up a deceptively upbeat, guitar-laced R&B/pop groove as the Roller Coaster/Book of Faust hookwoman describes the traumatic effects of her ex-man’s departure (“Now my pillow’s soaking wet, there’s a river by my bed….”), begging him to return and rescue her from her grief. Will the guy in question heed Cocoa Sarai’s call and take her back? We can only speculate, and hope. Either way, fans of innovative R&B won’t want to miss the rest of the fresh material on the artist’s latest full-length, The Black & White, available on iTunes right now.
Written by richard on 02/15/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.