Remember that scene in Alice in Wonderland where the heroine cried so hard that (thanks to the shrinking effects of the famous “Eat Me” cake) she nearly drowned in her own tears? Well, it’s a damn good thing magic cake doesn’t exist in the real world; otherwise Cocoa Sarai would run a serious risk of being swept away in the torrential downpour of post-breakup sorrow she describes on her first solo feature, Raining in My Room. Originally released back in December 2011, this heartbroken single finds producer Jayd serving up a deceptively upbeat, guitar-laced R&B/pop groove as the Roller Coaster/Book of Faust hookwoman describes the traumatic effects of her ex-man’s departure (“Now my pillow’s soaking wet, there’s a river by my bed….”), begging him to return and rescue her from her grief. Will the guy in question heed Cocoa Sarai’s call and take her back? We can only speculate, and hope. Either way, fans of innovative R&B won’t want to miss the rest of the fresh material on the artist’s latest full-length, The Black & White, available on iTunes right now.
Written by richard on 02/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Book of Faust" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.