To the unwary observer, Cobe Obeah looks like a talented, thoughtful rhymesayer with an eclectic style. Today, however, the Cali repper peels back the mask to reveal his True Colors.... the colors of that same dope emcee we thought he was in the first place. While the pensive second single off Obeah’s next mixtape doesn’t reveal any earth-shattering secrets about the artist, it does find him offering listeners a deeper glimpse into his psyche than ever before, lacing Carlos P. and Tumi‘s pensive production with incisive observations on black disenfranchisement and steely-eyed snapshots of his hustle. A reader fave in her own right, Nigerian singer/emcee Nneka lends her anguished, lightly-Autotuned vocals to the chorus. Featuring this cut, previously-released bonus cut Isis Taylor and more, Song of the Starz 2: Dark Night has yet to receive a drop date. Check back with the Booth for further details!
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Song of the Starz [Premiere]" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.