To the unwary observer, Cobe Obeah looks like a talented, thoughtful rhymesayer with an eclectic style. Today, however, the Cali repper peels back the mask to reveal his True Colors.... the colors of that same dope emcee we thought he was in the first place. While the pensive second single off Obeah’s next mixtape doesn’t reveal any earth-shattering secrets about the artist, it does find him offering listeners a deeper glimpse into his psyche than ever before, lacing Carlos P. and Tumi‘s pensive production with incisive observations on black disenfranchisement and steely-eyed snapshots of his hustle. A reader fave in her own right, Nigerian singer/emcee Nneka lends her anguished, lightly-Autotuned vocals to the chorus. Featuring this cut, previously-released bonus cut Isis Taylor and more, Song of the Starz 2: Dark Night has yet to receive a drop date. Check back with the Booth for further details!
Written by richard on 08/21/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Song of the Starz [Premiere]" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)