Lately, Cobe Obeah‘s been feeling The Hunger. What exactly is he craving, you ask? Some delicious strawberries. (You were expecting me to say “dope beats” or “sucker emcees,” right?) Fruit may be on the West Coast up-and-comer’s mental at the moment, but his appetite for success takes center stage on this cut, the first featured single off his next street album. Over an atmospheric industry beat by Madlib, the artist spits about the big moves he’s planning to make in the near future. Despite the scope of his ambition, he’s not about to take any shortcuts in pursuit of his goals. On the back, he disavows all temptation of going major: “This indie rock is promise, these deals are bondage / I wanna be free like Morgan.” Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Betty KING’s griot has yet to receive a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge. In the meantime, you can download his last project, Song of the Starz: DARK NIGHT, for free via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 12/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Song of the Starz [Premiere]" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.