Lately, Cobe Obeah‘s been feeling The Hunger. What exactly is he craving, you ask? Some delicious strawberries. (You were expecting me to say “dope beats” or “sucker emcees,” right?) Fruit may be on the West Coast up-and-comer’s mental at the moment, but his appetite for success takes center stage on this cut, the first featured single off his next street album. Over an atmospheric industry beat by Madlib, the artist spits about the big moves he’s planning to make in the near future. Despite the scope of his ambition, he’s not about to take any shortcuts in pursuit of his goals. On the back, he disavows all temptation of going major: “This indie rock is promise, these deals are bondage / I wanna be free like Morgan.” Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Betty KING’s griot has yet to receive a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge. In the meantime, you can download his last project, Song of the Starz: DARK NIGHT, for free via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 12/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Song of the Starz [Premiere]" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.