Do you ever just zone out? You know, just sit back and relax as your mind drifts. If so, then you probably know that there is music specifically built for these “zone-out” moments. After a few thorough listens and a quick re-evaluation of my life (oh yeah it’s that good), I can officially dub Cobe Obeah’s Director’s Cut one of those songs. Grabbing an Argonauts instrumental (that actually sounds like something off of Eminem’s Encore LP) by the horns, the Los Angeles native admirably rides the beat with the strength of a gladiator. Cobe Obeah uses an even tone of voice to craft a song that has more Vibe than the magazine and showcases his lyrical prowess with lyrics like “I’m Malcolm X teaching calculus, an alchemist/ that’s ‘bout to give you the wildest sh*t/ mix it up, mix it up, overdose it/ I’ll give you the potion, I’m pouring out my emotions.” If you’re digging this, then be sure to vibe out to Cobe’s Song of the Starz mixtape when it comes out on May 28th.
Listen to More: Cobe Obeah Written by Quentin Cuff
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Song of the Starz [Premiere]" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.