Do you ever just zone out? You know, just sit back and relax as your mind drifts. If so, then you probably know that there is music specifically built for these “zone-out” moments. After a few thorough listens and a quick re-evaluation of my life (oh yeah it’s that good), I can officially dub Cobe Obeah’s Director’s Cut one of those songs. Grabbing an Argonauts instrumental (that actually sounds like something off of Eminem’s Encore LP) by the horns, the Los Angeles native admirably rides the beat with the strength of a gladiator. Cobe Obeah uses an even tone of voice to craft a song that has more Vibe than the magazine and showcases his lyrical prowess with lyrics like “I’m Malcolm X teaching calculus, an alchemist/ that’s ‘bout to give you the wildest sh*t/ mix it up, mix it up, overdose it/ I’ll give you the potion, I’m pouring out my emotions.” If you’re digging this, then be sure to vibe out to Cobe’s Song of the Starz mixtape when it comes out on May 28th.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Song of the Starz [Premiere]" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.