Do you ever just zone out? You know, just sit back and relax as your mind drifts. If so, then you probably know that there is music specifically built for these “zone-out” moments. After a few thorough listens and a quick re-evaluation of my life (oh yeah it’s that good), I can officially dub Cobe Obeah’s Director’s Cut one of those songs. Grabbing an Argonauts instrumental (that actually sounds like something off of Eminem’s Encore LP) by the horns, the Los Angeles native admirably rides the beat with the strength of a gladiator. Cobe Obeah uses an even tone of voice to craft a song that has more Vibe than the magazine and showcases his lyrical prowess with lyrics like “I’m Malcolm X teaching calculus, an alchemist/ that’s ‘bout to give you the wildest sh*t/ mix it up, mix it up, overdose it/ I’ll give you the potion, I’m pouring out my emotions.” If you’re digging this, then be sure to vibe out to Cobe’s Song of the Starz mixtape when it comes out on May 28th.
Listen to More: Cobe Obeah
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/19/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Song of the Starz [Premiere]" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.