Do you ever just zone out? You know, just sit back and relax as your mind drifts. If so, then you probably know that there is music specifically built for these “zone-out” moments. After a few thorough listens and a quick re-evaluation of my life (oh yeah it’s that good), I can officially dub Cobe Obeah’s Director’s Cut one of those songs. Grabbing an Argonauts instrumental (that actually sounds like something off of Eminem’s Encore LP) by the horns, the Los Angeles native admirably rides the beat with the strength of a gladiator. Cobe Obeah uses an even tone of voice to craft a song that has more Vibe than the magazine and showcases his lyrical prowess with lyrics like “I’m Malcolm X teaching calculus, an alchemist/ that’s ‘bout to give you the wildest sh*t/ mix it up, mix it up, overdose it/ I’ll give you the potion, I’m pouring out my emotions.” If you’re digging this, then be sure to vibe out to Cobe’s Song of the Starz mixtape when it comes out on May 28th.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Song of the Starz [Premiere]" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.