Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Damn, it’s already July? Just yesterday it felt like summer was beginning, and now fall is on the distant horizon. While most of us have been enjoying the nice weather and BBQs for two months, some, like Cobe Obeah, still haven’t even begun to enjoy their summer, as they Come Alive in August. Chicago production team Blended Babies kill it on the production tip, cooking up a unique, turnt-up beat driven by a boisterous horn section. Atop the exquisite production, Obeah keeps the energy up, spitting a few charismatic, summer fun-oriented bars in an intoxicating, energetic flow with just a splash of coarseness. The L.A. native even tops off this memorable summer jam with a sung-rapped hook. Don’t let the title fool you; Obeah is coming alive in July, too. His Song of the Starz II: Dark Night album is scheduled for release later this month.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Cobe Obeah’s Robert Morton and Justin Johnson-directed Come Alive in August visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/29/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Song of the Starz [Premiere]" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.