In the words of a popular children’s book, everyone has had a “terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day” at least once in their lives. Hailing from Houston, Texas, country-rap artist Coast is having one of these days, and on his new single I Can’t Complain, he puts things intro perspective. Producer Danny Dranx provides a beat that can be best described as “kinda country, but sounds a bit wrong,” which highlights the uniqueness of Coast’s raps and their relationship to a working class audience. Intrigued? For more stories from a day in the life of rapper Coast, check for his debut album, Lively Hood, set for release this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/19/08
Submit your Rating
Street Science/Epsom Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.