In the words of a popular children’s book, everyone has had a “terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day” at least once in their lives. Hailing from Houston, Texas, country-rap artist Coast is having one of these days, and on his new single I Can’t Complain, he puts things intro perspective. Producer Danny Dranx provides a beat that can be best described as “kinda country, but sounds a bit wrong,” which highlights the uniqueness of Coast’s raps and their relationship to a working class audience. Intrigued? For more stories from a day in the life of rapper Coast, check for his debut album, Lively Hood, set for release this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/19/08
Submit your Rating
Street Science/Epsom Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)