In the words of a popular children’s book, everyone has had a “terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day” at least once in their lives. Hailing from Houston, Texas, country-rap artist Coast is having one of these days, and on his new single I Can’t Complain, he puts things intro perspective. Producer Danny Dranx provides a beat that can be best described as “kinda country, but sounds a bit wrong,” which highlights the uniqueness of Coast’s raps and their relationship to a working class audience. Intrigued? For more stories from a day in the life of rapper Coast, check for his debut album, Lively Hood, set for release this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/19/08
Submit your Rating
Street Science/Epsom Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.