NYC representatives Koncept and Tenacity love their hometown, but the constant overstimulation, combined with the proximity of poverty and struggle, often makes them wish they could fly the coop. On City Hurts, their first single (and DJBooth feature) as duo Coarse Company, they explore the uglier side of urban existence, reserving especially harsh critism for their fellow citizens: ”Everyone is selfish and the lack of pity is atrocious.” Kon’s fellow Brown Bag All-Star, J57, jumps on Tenacity’s eerie, carnivalesque beat to deliver the opening verse, and singer Natalie Andrea lends her vocals to the record’s chorus. For this offbeat jam and much more, check out Coarse Company’s Same Page EP, scheduled for free digital release on December 17.
Written by richard on 12/5/13
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.