NYC representatives Koncept and Tenacity love their hometown, but the constant overstimulation, combined with the proximity of poverty and struggle, often makes them wish they could fly the coop. On City Hurts, their first single (and DJBooth feature) as duo Coarse Company, they explore the uglier side of urban existence, reserving especially harsh critism for their fellow citizens: ”Everyone is selfish and the lack of pity is atrocious.” Kon’s fellow Brown Bag All-Star, J57, jumps on Tenacity’s eerie, carnivalesque beat to deliver the opening verse, and singer Natalie Andrea lends her vocals to the record’s chorus. For this offbeat jam and much more, check out Coarse Company’s Same Page EP, scheduled for free digital release on December 17.
Written by richard on 12/5/13
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.