If you’re a born procrastinator, raise your hand… tomorrow. I am, but I’ve managed to get my act together (mostly). First-time featuree Co$$ (aka Cashus King), on the other hand, is all about immediate action; on the latest leak off South Floridian producer Numonics’ forthcoming street album, he announces that the Time Is Now for us to evolve and begin working towards socioeconomic justice – both directly and, as in Co$$’ case, through the power of the pen. The Los Angeles rapper delivers plenty of insight on the lyrical tip, recounting how “crime killed [his] innocence” during his inner-city childhood, and emphasizing just how determined he is to change his world for the better. Numonics (who, on an unrelated note, is currently suffering from the flu – feel better, man!) backs the emcee’s earnest rhymes with a soulfully energetic sampled beat sure to have listeners nodding along. Those who like what they’re hearing can find TIN, as well as previous features from Sene (Departure Time) and Dre Biggity (On the Comedown) on Numonics’ Being Cool Doesn’t Pay The Bills mixtape, set to hit the ‘net “soon.”
Written by richard on 01/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Show Sum" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.