The life of a hip-hop hopeful isn’t easy, especially when you take your craft as seriously as Show Sum emcee Co$$. Regardless of how tough the going gets, however, the Los Angeles native is determined to stay on his hustle – and keep getting that cheese – from Now Til Infinity. On the inaugural leak off his and Fort Lauderdale, Fla. beatsmith Numonics’ forthcoming mixtape, Ca$hus King pledges allegiance to the grind alongside a few equally driven underground talents. Joining the headliner over Nu’s stark chopped-sample instrumental are Lawrence, Massachusetts mainstay REKS and Kidz in the Hall member Naledge, the former blowing off his “fake friends” in a lyrically intense middle verse, and the latter offering a more laid-back perspective on the back end: “They only hate me ‘cause they ain’t me, stuck on high-school games…” If you found this retro-informed track inspiring, there are plenty more Revelations in store on Co$$ and Numonics’ forthcoming, 2DopeBoyz-presented street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net sometime in July.
Written by richard on 05/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Now" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.