The center of Los Angeles’ jazz, blues and literary scenes, Leimer Park, has been called “the black Greenwich Village.” On the latest leak off beatsmith Exile‘s forthcoming compilation, West Coast emcee Co$$ pays tribute to the culturally-rich neighborhood in which he grew up, flowing over the veteran producer’s breezy sample work. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to grab your own copy of Exile’s LRG Clothing Co./Dirty Science-presented Intro to the Outro street album, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net August 31.
Written by richard on 08/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Now" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.