Don’t let the stage name fool you. While Co$$ does love his greenbacks, what he truly seeks has no price tag; as he puts it on his latest single, “All I ever wanted to be was Free.” Here, a soulful, string-laced beat by Numonics (producer of the entire project) serves as backdrop for Co$$’ reflections on the nature of freedom, and the many obstacles that stand in the way of those who wish to attain it. After pondering whether religion leads people to enlightenment or simply strengthens their mental chains, the emcee turns his gaze on the music industry, addressing the difficulty of keeping his priorities straight as he strives for success: “Runnin’ from stress, don’t give a f*ck about who wears the crown runnin’ the West / or them hoes that you f*ck, clothes that you rock…” Judging by the thoughtful rhymes Co$$ delivers here (not to mention the quality production), collaborative street album Revelations seems destined to live up to its name when it drops on October 21. Fans in the Miami area can catch Co$$, along with fellow Booth regulars Sene and Blu at the release party, going down that evening at the Transit Lounge!
Written by richard on 10/12/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Now" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.