Capone-n-Noreaga‘s second studio album dropped November 21st of 2000, which means that devoted fans have been waiting eight years, three months, and 11 days for the duo’s re-reunion album. Now, the LP’s release is finally, finally in sight—Channel 10 is scheduled to drop next Tuesday, the 10th. Though not a single, the newly-released Grand Royal should give listeners an idea of what Capone and N.O.R.E. have in store on the forthcoming album. A hard-hitting, cleverly-arranged beat by East Coast legend DJ Premier (check out the constant, subtly claustrophobic trills in the background) sets the stage as CNN come out swinging, taking full advantage of the contrast between N.O.R.E.‘s gruff, aggressive rhymes and Capone‘s tightly-wound, higher-pitched flow. Though previously-featured cuts Money and Follow the Dollar failed to elicit much excitement in the Booth, Grand Royal may well have what it takes to convince the doubters.
Written by richard on 03/3/09
Submit your Rating
Thugged Out Ent./Fontana/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Our Grind" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.