While veterans Capone-n-Noreaga might be Reporting the War on their much-anticipated impending reunion album, the NYC duo has been making plenty of allies on the side. On their buzz single, My Hood, the duo teamed up with Virginia twosome The Clipse, pointing out that “my hood is your hood, your hood is my hood…it’s all good.” For the remix, that motto is emphasized even further with stops in Brooklyn (Uncle Murda and Maino) and Long Beach (Tha Dogg Pound). With so many raps about regional representation, it is quite refreshing to hear a variety of hip-hop sub-cultures pointing out what they all have in common. The reporting officially starts later this summer.
Written by Burmy on 05/12/08
Submit your Rating
Thugged Out Ent./Fontana/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Our Grind" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)