While veterans Capone-n-Noreaga might be Reporting the War on their much-anticipated impending reunion album, the NYC duo has been making plenty of allies on the side. On their buzz single, My Hood, the duo teamed up with Virginia twosome The Clipse, pointing out that “my hood is your hood, your hood is my hood…it’s all good.” For the remix, that motto is emphasized even further with stops in Brooklyn (Uncle Murda and Maino) and Long Beach (Tha Dogg Pound). With so many raps about regional representation, it is quite refreshing to hear a variety of hip-hop sub-cultures pointing out what they all have in common. The reporting officially starts later this summer.
Written by Burmy on 05/12/08
Submit your Rating
Thugged Out Ent./Fontana/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Our Grind" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.