While veterans Capone-n-Noreaga might be Reporting the War on their much-anticipated impending reunion album, the NYC duo has been making plenty of allies on the side. On their buzz single, My Hood, the duo teamed up with Virginia twosome The Clipse, pointing out that “my hood is your hood, your hood is my hood…it’s all good.” For the remix, that motto is emphasized even further with stops in Brooklyn (Uncle Murda and Maino) and Long Beach (Tha Dogg Pound). With so many raps about regional representation, it is quite refreshing to hear a variety of hip-hop sub-cultures pointing out what they all have in common. The reporting officially starts later this summer.
Written by Burmy on 05/12/08
Submit your Rating
Thugged Out Ent./Fontana/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Our Grind" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.